Pages

October 17, 2010

Ham with pineapples

I love this dish. My mom and dad would make this when we (brother and I) were growing up. I have never been a fan of ham but this is delish! I usually serve this with baked sweet potatoes/yams.

Ingredients:
Hamsteak of desired thickness. I usually get about 1/2" thickness.
Can of pineapple rings
Whole cloves
1 c. brown sugar
1 tbs mustard

*note* for easy clean up I always line my baking pans with Reynolds Wrap Easy Release Foil. I LOVE the stuff. Take and toss and minimize any if not all clean up!
Photobucket

Photobucket


Directions:
Preheat oven to 375*
Photobucket


Place ham in the pan and stick the cloves in
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Lay the pineapples on top saving the juice!
Photobucket


add juice to the brown sugar to make into a thick sauce
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


add the table spoon of mustard. I know you're thinking "mustard?? is she serious?" I am it adds a good tang that is very subtle.
Photobucket


pour sauce over pineapple and ham
Photobucket

Photobucket


bake for 20-30 minutes or until your ham is 160*
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message I love reading your comments! Suggestions are more than welcome too! :)